Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Finally some time...

OK here i am, as i promised.

Exams are finally over and i'm having a tingling feeling because i'm no quite sure what i want to do right now.
Head feels like exploding and my entire body feels void of energy. Hmm so for dome updates.

Time has passed so quickly, this semester i've been quite a mugger *chuckles at the thought that kelvin became a mugger*

My initial plan was to take up a pharmacology study plan over here, but during my first week of school, i attended this Chemical Biology lecture and was lost. Dropped the course the next moment, along with a Principles of pharmocology though i have yet to attend that lecture.

The courses i ended up taking were:

PHYS1171 - Physical Basis of Biology something
lol forgot the name, basically physics

BIOM2208 - Developmental Biology
About embryogenesis, stem cells and limb formation... patterning etc. Interesting to learn, a pain to remember and the exam is the one i have the least confidence in.

BIOM2012 - System Physiology
About the body, physiology stuff. Like lung functions, heart functions, parasympathetic vs sympathetic, nerual.... stress.... renal and pancreatic functions. I initially thought that it's similar to what i've learnt in nuh, but it turned to out to be much much more. I learnt more about the normal function and less about the pathology. Which is very different from my diploma. But all in all, i could cope with it.

MICR3001 - Microbial and Human Health
Hah. Something i was the most familiar with but similarly with BIOM2012, I learnt so much more indept over here. It's about diseases caused by microbes and stuff. Interesting but the paper was a let down. =( The exam questions that came out were super unpredicted. Though i have to thank NUH for prep-ing me with the knowledge about dengue haha!

If anyone is interested in taking the course next or the future semesters, please let me know and i can pass the notes to you.

Yea, so the plan changed from the pharmacology and toxicology to the immunology and infectious disease plan.

Managed to met quite a few interesting people from these courses as well. And i was in the same class as Teresa(Nuh junior) and jiaqi(poly 1st year IS classmate).

-

My parents came over to see how i was doing for a bit, and stayed for around a week in my room. For photos please go to FB to see. They toured the city in the day while i was in school studying and made dinner for me when i'm back. yea thats about it.

-

I've been cooking almost every other day unless i crave for things i can't cook. And i think after all these cooking, the one thing i have improved is my egg beating skills. From lumpy to frothy! haha!

I also caused a mini-explosion by stupidly pouring water into a pot of boiling oil, catalyzing the reaction, resulting in a sudden burst of fire. Didn't get burnt or what. But my hair had wax on and the max melted, along with the hair that they were on. =( was so paranoid about the melting that i kept pulling my hair for like 2 days.

oh that reminds me, I cut my hair in brisbane city. So how was it? 2 words. Cheat money -.-
Was cheated $39.90 for the stupid hair cut. Cut already cannot not pay right. lol!

-

I'm not going back in nov as i intended to. Instead, i'm staying over for the summer semester to do a vacation project and then return back to SG in Feb. So people! can start booking me for dates!

-

Realized that when i came here, all my friends had things going on between them. In the sense that they either quarrel and stop talking, or just went MIA.

PEOPLE! PLEASE. Just because i'm not that doesn't mean that it's not fun to hang out! *chuckles*

I hope you guys solve your disputes soon. I don't want to go back to separated cliques of friends.

-

Been to the gym over here. I dare say that it's one of the best i've been to. Equipments are great, not air-conditioned but who needs it when it's generally cooler here. The only thing is the price's a bit steep. $500 for a year. I don't go gym that often. probably once or twice a week? Hmm shall wait for offer to come.

-

I bought an acoustic guitar from this shop in town, It's by Squire. I thought it's a solid top. But i think it's a laminated now, though it still does look like a solid. Oh well, $169 only haha. Can't bargain for more.

-

So I'm gonna be quite bored for the next 3 months. especially during the christmas and new year week. If anyone wanna come brisbane for holidays then, do let me know! Just grab a cheap ticket here and i will settle your lodging! FREE! wooo how great is that! And i can bring you around that time too.

So come on! Be tempted! haha!

1 comment:

Ben said...

How did you find BIOM2012? I am doing it this semester, any tips?